The application, named “Togethera,” launched by Sokrates Papafloratos who lives in London, UK, was picked among new applications proposed by developers from 116 different countries.
Papafloratos spoke to Greek television noting that his idea was generated by his own need to share photos and videos with his family quickly, easily and without any hacking danger.
It gives a permanent solution to the privacy issues Facebook users encounter, noted Papafloratos. Users wishing to ‘invite’ someone to share their photos and videos, they need to know their email address and phone number.
Here are Togethera’s features, according to the developer:
- Share privately with your family – Your posts are only visible to your family group, no-one can request access to your group or ‘friend’ you, and your content will never end up on search engines.
- Multiple family groups – Create as many additional family groups as you like – one for your extended family, you and your partner, or a close group of friends!
- Easy for grandparents – We designed Togethera for our grandparents, who just swipe up and down to see family photos. There are no complicated privacy settings, sharing is easy.
- Accessible on any device – Download our Android app, iPhone & iPad app, or visit Togethera.com on a desktop or mobile device.
- Updates via email – Family members who don’t use the app or website can receive all family posts via email – their email replies will be added as comments!
- Free, no ads – Togethera will always be free – we plan to make money with premium features like photo printing in the future. We’ll never sell your data.
Source: Greek Reporter